Help Me Decide if the travel expense is worth it.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At 15K per person no sweat, you’ll be the person still diving in the best locations around the world when the rest of us are left in the dust.
Congratulations on your success!
Not mine - my customers. I come along for the ride. You gotta love the land of opportunity. On my last trip, a couple flew in on a G5. Kudos to them. Welcome to the USA. :wink:

Are you kidding? My group stays at $$$$$ resorts and choose not to do LOBs. Our last trip was close to $15k per person. But we all detest LOBs. Yet you think, we cannot afford them? Strange logic.
My reply was only aimed at that "thing" and does not apply to others.

It was my understanding that these spots are now filled. Is that not the case?

It was my understanding that these spots are now filled. Is that not the case?

Not, yet. One more spot (male share cabin) to be filled. Thomas from Hong Kong, as you know from the other thread got a spot. Another guy from Seattle is checking a flight to Manila.

Incredible deal 50% off ($1498) on one of the best liveaboard in Philippines, Infiniti!

I’ll be there paying full price because I booked it a long time ago.

@divergirlLinda
March is too early for Tubattaha. Mid Apr to late May is usually better
Late March to early Apr(2024) the air fare to Philippines is a lot higher because of Easter.
There are seats with extra leg room available on PAL economy class but at extra cost.

Tubattaha is great and have been there three times but that was year ago.
I definetly agree with Centrals. Mid April to late May is easily the best conditions at Tubattaha. It's also worth it, whatever the cost.

Not mine - my customers. I come along for the ride. You gotta love the land of opportunity. On my last trip, a couple flew in on a G5. Kudos to them. Welcome to the USA. :wink:
@tridacna

This discussion is starting to mirror a similar one on another thread.

It's fine that some people don't like liveaboards. They also won't get to dive some of best places in the world (Cocos, Tubbataha, Malpelo, Darwin & Wolf). My wife isn't particularly fond of diving via liveaboards (she's prone to getting sea sickness), however she loves great diving more than she hates feeling motion sickness). There are many places where land-based is as good (or even) better for diving, however there are places (and experiences) that you just can't get unless you are diving from a live-aboard.

I've been to Cocos twice (planning at least 1 more trip over the next few years - waiting for a strong La Nina to cool down the water a bit so a better chance for the hammerheads coming up from the depths). These trips are easily in my top 5 of all time (as was the trip to Malpelo). Other great trips were on the Bilikiki, the Arenui, and the Naia.

A couple of other examples:
Our family & a few friends chartered a liveaboard to dive the north & south of Komodo (12 day extended trip) - being able to choose dive sites based both the tides & preferences made a huge difference. It also allowed up to dive Shotgun 3 afternoons in a row. You are not getting that opportunity if you're land-based. Another example (from several years ago) - diving Peleliu at 7AM (the day after the Grouper spawning) meant we had the opportunity to dive with a dozen or so very fat and very satiated bull sharks before any of the day boats could travel from Koror.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom