help me decide, Canon or Sealife???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to all, I decided to go with the Canon G10 and the WP-DC28 housing my first choice was the Ikelite but it's getting a bit too pricey in CDN $ so now I'm looking for a cheap strobe set up, I looked at the Ultramax, Intova ISS2000 and ISTR, Which one would work best with my set up? What do I need to make it work?

Thanks for your help, I'm leaving for Sosua in 2 weeks and I want to make sure I have everything I need.

I have a Sd 990 and i cannot fault it.. I use Canons housing which i picked up for $150:00 in St Thomas.
Its a little bit 'Sesame street' looking but it does the job. Saving up for Ikelite's housing...

I have to say that I don't envy anyone out there that is trying to make a decision as to what to get. My rule of thumb is that you need to decide what exactly you want out of a system. If costs are important, work with that. If manual controls are important because you have a background in photography, then look down that path. If a camera that is easy to use and takes good photos, has the ability to add accessories at any point and time (and are readily available and won't cost you a second mortgage) then SeaLife could be the camera for you. In monitoring the scubaboard you will come up with pro's and cons for everysystem out there.

My recommendation, decide if you want to dive, enjoy it and take pictures, then go pns. If you are a photographer at heart and want to shoot wallsize blow-ups or play with your camera while diving, then look to a more expensive system.

Back
Top Bottom