Help me choose destination

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

St. John is everything everyone said it is especially the beachs.I have been to
Aruba since the heinous rape and murder of Natalee Holloway and liked the
diving better there than at St. John. There is also a lot more nightlife activities
in Aruba for your non diving friends. I think you will find more possible timeshare
exchanges on Aruba as compared to St. John. Since you are going in the summer
Aruba is the only one of your choices that is normally out of the path of hurricanes.

Haven't been to St John but the BVI is awesome. Great diving including the RMS Rhone, Ginger Island and the Dogs. If you stay on Virgin Gorda you can dive all these islands with ease. The Bitter End is really beautiful and the Baths are spectacular. Lots of nice bays with beaches. in the evenings there are also plenty of restuarants although if you want night clubs then perhaps try somewhere else.

There is also the famous Willie T's for party!

Aruba? Since the heinous rape and murder of Natalee Holloway I dont know anyone who would even consider going there.

Not to belittle what happened - the loss of any life under such circumstances is horrible. And its even more tragic that such an event remains unsolved (as though "closure" is anything but a cruel joke in such cases).

But do you know how many such crimes there were on all of Aruba in the same year? Your post shows you being from Clear Lake...near Houston, right...care to take a guess at how many rapes and murders occurred in Houston in the same time?

Even if you take the relative population density into account, Aruba is getting a bad rap from one highly publicized event. (And no, for the record, I've not been there myself...but it remains on my list of future dive destinations.)

I agree that Aruba is getting a bad rap... how about boycotting the ski communities in Colorado until the Jon Benet Ramsey case is solved. Talk about heinous, and talk about the police treating the privileged with kid gloves!

Aruba is beautiful, safe, has great beaches, dependable weather, friendly people, great airport, good diving, the dollar as its currency. I think crime is more of a problem in St. John than Aruba.

I've not been to any of the others. But Aruba is a great place. I spent a whole week there diving and the people were so friendly. I'm suprised to hear you say it's more expensive dining wise. I didn't think the prices were anything too bad compared to any other resort destination in Florida or some place like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom