Help if possible!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AnneC

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here. My husband and I are going to down to the Keys next Thursday. We haven't been diving for 5a little while. Anyway, we would like to try to do a little refresher before going so as not to waste a bunch of time while in Key Largo. Can anyone help us over this Fourth of July weekend in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area? River or lake dive would be fine. Just would like to get wet before the ocean dives. We can come out to Delaware Water Gap as well... But probably need an instructor so that someone can stamp for us since the place in the Keys we will be diving with requires proof of diving in the last 2 years or you must take a refresher course with them.

Thanks!

AnneC:
Hello! I'm new here. My husband and I are going to down to the Keys next Thursday. We haven't been diving for 5a little while. Anyway, we would like to try to do a little refresher before going so as not to waste a bunch of time while in Key Largo. Can anyone help us over this Fourth of July weekend in the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre area? River or lake dive would be fine. Just would like to get wet before the ocean dives. We can come out to Delaware Water Gap as well... But probably need an instructor so that someone can stamp for us since the place in the Keys we will be diving with requires proof of diving in the last 2 years or you must take a refresher course with them.

Thanks!

I would try your local dive shop. You might have better luck.

Anne,

If you need an instructor to sign off in your logbooks, then as noted, your best shot at getting something done rapidly would be to check with local dive shops in your yellow pages. But dive shops can be very different sometimes. A few calls might be in order to find one that you feel comfortable with, and that can meet your needs.

Thanks guys! We do have calls into our local shop... not that we have many choices. But we haven't had luck having them call us back. They say they will be going out this weekend and they are certain we can go, but then no calls!

We shall see! I'll let you know how it all works out!

Dear Anne,

Call Cathy Nanovic at 215 527 3082. She is a NAUI Instructor (and Instructor trainer too). She may be diving at Dutch this weekend. I would help but I am traveling to the Keys this week also. If you are close to Marathon, PM me and I will let you know how to contact me if you need a refresher dive. I am also a NAUI Instructor.

AnneC:
Thanks guys! We do have calls into our local shop... not that we have many choices. But we haven't had luck having them call us back. They say they will be going out this weekend and they are certain we can go, but then no calls!

We shall see! I'll let you know how it all works out!

The guy at Inland Water Sports in Kingston (288-3999) is a great guy and ususally has someone on his training crew at either Dutch or Willow Springs. Give him a call or visit and I am sure he will be able to direct you to someone local that will give you a review.

When you get back from the Keys drop me a note. I dive with a Husband/Wife pair from Mountain Top, I'm outside Hazleton. We hit the local lakes, they are shallow but fine for bouyancy checks, basic skills practice etc. We would love to enlarge our Sunday 'Sandwiches and Gatorade' dive group.

Back
Top Bottom