Help identifying Conshelf 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zef

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
My wife has a colleague that handed her his old regulator to see if we had a use for it.

The setup has a US Divers "Conshelf 22" primary 2nd stage and a US Divers "Octo" safe 2nd.

The 1st stage is marked US Divers on the yoke screw handle and I assume it is a variant of the Conshelf but not sure which.

Here are a few pictures but if possible I would like to know how does one differentiate between the various models/versions of Conshelf 1st stage? (assuming it is a Conshelf 1s stage to begin with).

-Z
WP_20190803_00_39_03_Pro.jpg WP_20190803_00_39_42_Pro.jpg

WP_20190803_00_40_34_Pro.jpg

There is a thread on the VDH website about Conshelfs, I am having difficulty finding it at the moment. The 22 was a latter US Divers regulator. To me it is one of the best because the first stage uses normal size ports. The more expensive regulators used a 1/2" port for the primary. This was one of the last in the series before changing over to Aqua Lung branding.

I just watched a VDH video on tearing down and rebuilding a Conshelf 1st stage. The video was one of the many results that came up while researching this reg set. I will have to pop over to the VDH website and explore what other info is there on the topic. Thanks for the headsup.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom