Help identify possible "NEW" dive site aprox 360m due west off S-most end of Lahaina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Right then. So I often consult NOAA online navigational charts to review and prep for dives. NOAA Chart #19348 - Chart 19348 - (zoom in 3 + clicks so as to display Makila Point at center top of frame) shows 2 "obstructions/fish havens" each aprox 360m offshore of points south of Lahaina proper.

The Southernmost of them has, in this diver/navigator's mind, too many coincidences not to be the Carthaginian. I.E. depth and rough coordinates and terrain of adjacent due East land points are all syncing.

But that Northern 'obstruction' is a mystery that even my multiple hours of online research has not solved. Any of you know what this is and if it represents a viable 'dive site.' The revisions notes for the chart list this item, and the supposed Carthaginian, additions as made on 2008.02.13. I can pull the exact coordinates in whatever form you need, if it would help.

For the non-navigators out there, both 'obstructions' are at aprox 33m/100ft depth (fathom = 6feet).

Anything ya got for me would be most appreciated!

As always, TIA
Cheers.
TSL

Back
Top Bottom