Help id this crab.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

triggerman365

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I shot this crab in LaoLao Bay, Saipan at night in about 30 feet. At first I thought it was a Spooner Crab, but in every Spooner Crab photo they have sharp barbs on the side of their upper shell perimeter. As you see this guy has smooth edges on his shell. Please help me figure out what the name of this crab is. By the way, this crab is about 6-7 inches wide across his back. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4613.jpg
    IMG_4613.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 152
Hey triggerman, not sure about the crab, but i've seen some cool creatures there, probably most notably a fu manchu lionfish. seen plenty of other lionfish here, but this species was very different. hey i'm fairly new to the island, still looking for people to dive with as i don't have many buddies here yet. also rescue certified, also bp/w, and looking to dive here as much as possible. evenings after 3:30 and weekends are my normal available times. let me know if you wanna dive sometime. jono33@gmail.com, 2853264. IMG_0569.jpgcan't take credit for this shot, it was taken by dive buddy Nick, i did a little editing... he was pretty shy.

Back
Top Bottom