HELP how to fix Oceanic 3.0 ERR error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeddd

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Good day,

How can i fix this problem with my oceanic atom 3.0? Can anyone help please?

History:
I changed my battery. And after 1 dive this suddenly appeared. And i cant go to dive mode anymore.

Thank you.

Attachments

• 20220406_150115.jpg
    20220406_150115.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 102
My first suggestion would be to take the battery back out for a while, making sure no water got into the DC, and then reinstall the battery. If it is dry inside and this does not fix it then contacting Oceanic may be your only option. If it is wet inside, well, then, condolences are probably in order.

The advice to reinstall the battery is good as it seems your error is on the surface. Check especially the contacts to see if they are bent or move too much or their is any corrosion. My older oceanics had a contact in the battery cover but yours seems different.
I have been able to recover oceanic computers after a battery compartment flood but I got to it quickly with fresh water and then a good cleaning. I have never been a fan of the Oceanic battery cover design.

I had a oceanic years ago that had an err code but it turns out it was a pressure sensor. That occurred as soon as it hit the water. I had a dive shop I trusted and they contacted oceanic. Their error codes are non-descript and not published well. In my case and the lesser value of my computer, it was cheaper to buy another (I was out of warranty). Yours may be worth repairing or at least sending to them though I can't say how being in the Philippines affects service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom