Help deciding Belize or Coz for Holiday Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would love to stay at Turneffe, but it is VERY expensive, especially for a single traveler.

There are shops from AC that go to Turneffe on occasion. It would be an all day excursion with two or three dives and lunch included. The shop will likely need a minimum number of divers because of the distance and fuel costs. So there are no guarantees of going to Turneffe if you are on AC. You are very likely to find boats going to the Blue Hole at least once a week as long as the weather is good. If the shop you are diving with is not going to Turneffe, the shop will often be willing to call around for you to see who is going and book you. I still haven't done Turneffe but hope to during a future trip.

In terms of budget, that's a great benefit of AC. Lots of choices for lots of budgets.

Can that area be reasonably dived while staying elsewhere, or are the logistic too complicated for that? But about the beer....darn! No Pacifico?

BDS on Caye Caulker go there almost every other day. Nice 46ft Newton Dive Special (2 actually if they've taken delivery of the new one)

BRad

will do....looks like I will be saving weight for a box of wine. If the beer is poor, at least I will drink sub par wine of my choosing...although the boxed stuff is getting better all the time.

Back
Top Bottom