Help-Can I run dual YS-60 with a MMIIEX?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Char

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new to the board, but am taking advantage of the collective of knowledge right away. I have come to own two YS-60 strobes (one is new to me) and have a Seamaster Pro (MMIEX). Does anyone know the lowdown on trying to get a sync cord to work with both YS-60s? I heard there used to be an adapter, any advice??
Thanks so much... :confused:

Not sure, want another camera, strobe, and lenses?

Sorry about that Otter, I own a MMIIEX, and have always used one YS-60, and now I have 2 to use. I was hoping to use them together and am looking to see if anyone knows how....as I've not been able to find an adapter on my own. I sense this is not going to be easy to flush out the issues...when you're ready to get me out of the system....yikes.
Thanks for the reply though!

Sorry, wasn't clear. Do you want another MMIIEX, YS60, and set of lens...cheap :wink:

Unfortunately, I'm going to pass on this for myself...only because I have dual set-up (except for the camera) already. I do appreciate the offer though...
Thanks!

Scuba Char:
Hi all,
I'm new to the board, but am taking advantage of the collective of knowledge right away. I have come to own two YS-60 strobes (one is new to me) and have a Seamaster Pro (MMIEX). Does anyone know the lowdown on trying to get a sync cord to work with both YS-60s? I heard there used to be an adapter, any advice??
Thanks so much... :confused:

There is an adapter. You connect both stobes to the adapter, and then the adapter connects to the camera. I used one for years, and it worked great. I am now shooting a housed DSLR, but I still have it if you are interested..

There is an adapter pictured in Sea & Sea's book "The New Guide to Sea & Sea". It looks like a "T" mount. Another alternative is to use a slave trigger on your 2nd strobe.

keh.com

helixphoto.com

reefphoto.com

are possible sources for this part if fisheyeview doesn't pan out.

Thanks so much all, I really appreciate the help! I'm headed to my first trip to Fiji in a few weeks and know I'll be shooting alot of wide angle....I'm doing my best to make it work.
Have a great Labor day everybody...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom