Help! Big Ooops on Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This one work?
9C0FA9A8-14F8-4B82-AFAE-30ED217A46ED.jpeg

@boulderjohn it looks like you might have a Facebook account. Join the Cocoview Divers group and ask there. They are a very active group and may be able to help you locate something on the island.

Did you check with the Aggressor people?

Thanks for all the help. I sent emails to Aggressor--nothing back so far.

CocoView is like an island unto itself, so I can't just step off and get a welder, so I will go with the rental this week. I think the fact that the person in charge of the dive shop did not know what an STA was is a sign that it is not a common piece of equipment among the guests. I will try the FaceBook page though.

I just got back from my first dinner at CocaView, where I ordered a cabernet sauvignon. It had totally turned--vinegar. The bartender just shrugged and said, "That's the kind of wine we carry. Sucks to be you." Well, he did not say "Sucks to be you," but there was no taking it back, either. I guess getting a glass of wine that has turned to vinegar is just my bad luck. I left the full glass of wine on the bar and left. That gives me a good sense of CocoView's concept of customer service and does not leave me optimistic for the rest of the week.

Sorry your trip started off with hassles. For the type of standard recreational diving I take to be their bread and butter, I doubt having much BP/W specialty gear is economical for them. I did a little poking around online, and all I found was what VikingDives already suggested; Roatan Tec Center. I don't know whether they have it, but that'd be a place to start.

When I was there last May, I found dive operation and other staff friendly and helpful, but I only ordered one 'drink' (a Diet Coke) all week, so I've no idea about the bar service. Hopefully that won't (dis)color the rest of your experience.

Did you get in a 'day of arrival' orientation shore dive?

Did you get in a 'day of arrival' orientation shore dive?
Tomorrow morning.

Believe me, they don't have cam bands, either. Even if they did, my wing has no slots.
Duct tape is basically like a stuck af cam band. Just use the same tank all week, or buy a few rolls of it.

Honestly, just go with the rental. I didn't have a downsouth bcd of any kind for years after my old ScubaPro Stab Jacket exploded, so I'd just rent one and save the grief.

Roatan Tec Center based out of Coconut Tree Dive shop in West End should be able to help you. Monty Graham is the person that you want to talk to. They are on facebook. Accedi a Facebook Good luck !

DGX probably could probably ship a set to you on Monday.

I will go with the rental for this week, I guess. I would rather do that than miss a day or two of diving chasing around for a STA. I believe I have enough diving skill to survive in a ScubaPro Glide BCD. I still haven't heard from Aggressor about my options for the week to come.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom