Help:Belize in Thanksgiving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divepeace

New
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm new at this but I appreciated the all the wonderful advice other members have posted.
I'm currently living in Central America and have Belize in my must dive list. So Thanksgiving will be the perfect time.
I am however overwhelmed and confused by all the information on the web. Some don't have prizes, or don't detailed dives included (Blue hole or not?), etc.
I:
- want to make the most of diving (include blue hole)
- don't want to break the bank but do want reasonable comfort
- Liveaboard or resort...can go either way
- I'm a woman, single, traveling alone, so a nice easygoing, not necessarily honeymoon and family mostly atmosphere would be nice.
- Enjoy my time alone in the beach with a good book but also always look forward to meeting a nice group of fun divers
- Looking for a 4 night 5 day package or something close to that

Any advice? Where to go, stay, etc? I need to book my flight ASAP so any quick advice will be MUCH appreciated,
THANKS!

The wife and I did Belize last March on the Aggressor. The Aggressor always dives the Blue Hole weather permitting. That is the rub. Belize is tropical but are greatly imfluenced by northern fronts and storms. Novemeber to March can be iffy but then again when the wind is not blowing it is not to be missed.

The Aggressor has very comfortable accomodations. All state rooms are below deck except one. They are very nice and air conditioned. The top side room (where I stayed) must be requested and it will cost you an extra $300 if it is available. It was very roomy and just above the dive deck.

The Blue Hole to me was very interesting geological. Most people find it boring due to the total lack of sea life. It is a deep dive (130 plus). The other dive sites are all wall dives and the reefs are in wonderful shape. The Aggressor usually asks you to not go below 100 feet but depending on your certification level they allowed me to do some deeper excursions.

The crew was a mix of locals, mexicans and a USA captain. The food was good by carribean stanfdards and the crew for the most part was helpful and courteous. We were fortunate that we had no flamers or drunks on board. But can happen.

Hi Divepeace:
Welcome to the sucba board. You will find lots of new friends here.
We have a member of the board that lives in Belize and owns a resort there.
I have checked him out with other people in the dive business, and he is legit.
His name is GAZ.
Send him a private message with the dates you want to go, and I'm sure he will help you.
PS. I was glad to see you're interested in our upcoming Single's Trip.
It will be to Cozumel, and it will be May 03, so save some time to make that trip too!
If you have more questions about either trip you can email me directly.
Natasha708@aol.com
Enjoy!

Hi there - I'm also new to the board! My husband & I were in Belize a year ago. We stayed at the Sunbreeze in San Pedro on Amerbris Caye. I would recommend the Sunbreeze as well as the dive shop, Aqua Dives. They were very nice & accomodating, especially when you dive multiple days with them. There are so many dive sites so close to the hotel that you do your surface interval on the beach. The Sunbreeze is a dive resort, not a family resort, and were very reasonable in price. Their restaurant was OK. I recommend Elvi's.

Anyhow there are lots of accomodations on smaller islands closer to the Blue Hole, but you won't find a lot of excitement. If all you want to do is lay around & dive, go for it. The boat ride out to the Blue Hole was hellacious - thought I must have shrunk an inch or so by the time we returned.

Watch out for the local guys - I was "mashed on" a bit even when I was with my husband.

Thank you all for the advice. I'm still trying to work out schedule and availability...sometimes I think the gods don't want me to go this time around :upset:

Thanks again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom