Help a ScubaBoard Member name a new marine species in celebration of World Ocean Day!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

niceviper

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Everyone,

I am a Dive-master from Southern California and a marine life enthusiast. A name I submitted to a contest has been selected as 1 of 3 finalists to name a new species of deep sea worm discovered by Scripps Oceanography Scientists. I'd appreciate support from anyone who can vote! It only takes a few seconds online at the link below. I'm Brian from San Marcos, it's the first name selection on the list. Of course, if you like one of the other names better, vote for it! Just supporting a good cause is good enough for me!

Here is the link:

:: BIRCH AQUARIUM AT SCRIPPS: EDUCATION AND PUBLIC PROGRAMS : WORLD OCEAN DAY ::

About The Worm: Scripps scientists, in association with the Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute, discovered the worms living upon whale carcasses that had fallen to the ocean floor. The worms, which measure only a few centimeters in length, are part of the family Hesionidae. Only 10 hesionids have been described from the deep sea, and only one has been described from a so-called "whale fall."

Thank you!

-Brian

p.s. if this is the wrong forum for this type of thing, please let me know and I will remove/repost in the correct one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom