Hello!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think it was Dreamtime Dive Center on a cruise ship stop way back in Jan. 2011. For an upcharge, they had big, white tanks that held more than 80-cf of gas. It's been over 11 years since, so I don't know how things stand now.

From my very limited sample of 2 dives, I remember the diving as nice reef diving, not drift, and seeing a big black grouper was the highlight.

Last week on another cruise we stopped in Costa Maya and did an excursion with the Dolphin Discovery people that put us in the water hands-on with a pair of manatees.

Richard.

Thanks for the info drrich2. I checked out Dreamtime Dive Center on TA -- they still seem to be in business - last reviews posted Jan 2022, But reviews seem to be mixed and are either 5 star or 1 star... and most are from newbies. The one experienced diver who reviewed said they were decent, but he wouldn't dive with them again because they seemed to be more geared to beginners.

Since we're from Florida we'll pass on Dolphin Discovery - manatee encounters aren't uncommon for us. I never get tired of them though -- they are such fascinating, gentle creatures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom