Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Biggambi

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have been reading posts for awhile now, impressive community sharing knowledge. Thought I should join, lots to learn as my son and I begin this adventure together. I am glad he is starting at a young age, because so far it has been amazing. Glad I joined the ranks of ocean explorers too, and still have time to explorer this marvelous world under the water. Lots of time spent remote camping, hiking, mountain biking, mountain climbing, canoeing, and seeing the world above the water. Just cool to add this now to my life's journey.

Welcome. Yes, seeing the world beneath the waves is eye-opening. It's gotten to where if I go somewhere and see the ocean, but just topside, I feel like I visited a shopping mall parking lot but didn't go in, thinking I'd 'seen' the mall.

Diving has the potential to make more experientially relevant a range of things - biology, ecology, chemistry, etc... Depending on how young your son it, that might encourage him if he takes such course work.

He is 14, and yes I think it can influence and shape who he becomes. In college I did work for Green Peace and Sierra Club, which shaped my view of the world. The science side always interests me, as you mention this part of it. I am a physicist and gravitate towards all things science. We dove in Cozumel over winter break. It was amazing. The experience makes me want to go down there and help with reef restoration. Maybe it will be another trip for a few weeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom