Hello!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

odog

Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone just joined looking at different gear befor my open waters in class is done can't wait to get in the water ..

Ontario

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Hi there, what exactly were you looking for? Masks and Fins are a must ( I don't wear my snorkel except for long surface swims). If you dive the colder coastal areas I would recommend buying a dry suit before anything else. It will make your dives more enjoyable (mostly afterwards). I did the opposite and bought everything but the suit, so now I have to wear a 7mm farmer john (wet suit) and fill it full of warm water before and after dives to keep me warm. Usually it doesn't matter while you are diving because you are so amped up, but you will get cold quickly. If I didn't answer your question or if you have any more questions, PM me and I will answer them to the best of my knowledge

Hey thanks alot :) any tips on types of regs to stay away from?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

howdy and welcome from south Florida....enjoy your underwater class.

Honestly all regs are (ussually) fine. Your LDS more than likely could hook you up with a good used set for a good price. If not Oceanic and Mares make good cheaper regs, but I love Aqualung regulators, which are ussually a little more money. The Titan LX Supreme is one great looking reg with cold water capabilities (if I remember correctly).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom