Hello World!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone, my name is Sushil and I keep stumbling upon scubaboard when googling for dive advice so i decided to join. I am based in Singapore and am an advance open water diver with about 50 dives under my belt. I was looking for specific comments on dive computers and the forum has been very useful - have narrowed the choices down to the cressi leonardo vs. aeris manta. I wish to use the softwares provided for dive logs and also keen on understand how good their after sales service is in Asia. There is a lot said about usb cable packages and how expensive they are as well and can't find a better way (other than make your own cable!) but is there a dive computer under 300USD that actually has bluetooth transfers to your computer?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Welcome to the forum. I personally haven't heard of a computer that has bluetooth transfers under $300; in fact, a computer that cheap may well not offer you a 'download to computer' option at all, and be mindful that historically some computers have been sold with options PC Interface kits - basically you pay close to $100 for a special serial cable and a little CD with software you could download for free, that sort of thing. Some computers come with the cable, but they tend to be a good deal more expensive than $300.

I'm in the U.S.; not familiar with the Singapore market. Unless things there are drastically cheaper, though. I think you're looking at paying more money, or doing without a feature or two you want.

The only 2 dive computers I know of off the top of my head that handle Bluetooth are the Shearwater Predator and Petrel.

Richard.

Howdy and welcome to Scubaboard. :admingreet:

I bet you can get computer stuff much cheaper there. It'd help if you'd complete your profile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom