Hello Tampa divers :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaPixie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Farmington Hills, MI --> Weeki Wachee, FL
# of dives
500 - 999
Just introducing myself - New to the Florida (originaly from MI) Looking forward to meeting some local divers and diving here on the Gulf Coast and Inland :D

Thanks - Hey I see your a DM. I am also a DM - how do you get work around here without a captains license? All the shops iv been to seem to require that? Is that the case pretty much around here, it was not a requirement up in the great lakes?

Thanks for any info!

No its not a requirement. I DM for a local shop down in my area (Scubaquest). I do some occasional DMing for another shop that I do my training through (Tampa Adventure Sports), I am a staff member for a scuba website (divebandit.com) and I am a DM for the Florida Aquarium, I think around here its just a matter of knowing people and making a name for yourself as a diver. Different shops will require different things but I haven't had any issues about a Captains license.

Well hopefully I can meet ppl soon :) I am in Weeki Wachee - where are you?

I'm down in Brandon. Just east of Tampa. You might want to get in touch with the dive operator for Weeki Wachee to see if he is in need of help. I think the nearest shop to you is in Hudson. They own Hudson Grotto. You should go down and do that dive. Its quite interesting. A good dive though. It will test you. The shop is pretty nice as well. I'm not sure what they do for work with DM's but it never hurts to check. I think I caught that you were a PADI Dm. If thats the case you should check out divebandit.com the owner Dave is a PADI guy as well. He might be able to get you in touch with some PADI shops in the area.

You can also check w/ Narcosis Scuba (I can't believe I am saying that) :no:

:lotsalove::mooner: :kiss2::no::eyebrow::shocked2::mooner::cool2::lotsalove::wink::D:D:blinking::popcorn::rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom