Hello SCUBABoard!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just checking in here to say hello to all my fellow divers and to introduce myself. I'm a retired SCUBA Instructor and Divemaster who hasn't taken a single breath underwater in twenty years. Wow...typing that looks even worse on screen than it sounded in my head. So why am I here? To connect with a community that shares my love for the ocean and yes, my love for SCUBA diving. I look forward to being a contributing member of this community. Thanks in advance for having me.

Welcome back to the depths! Hopefully you don't wait too much longer to recondition those gills and start swimming with the fishes like the rest of us. I'm sure there's plenty you've missed and likely some newer technology that didn't exist 20 years ago so make sure to at least do a refresher, which I'm sure you don't need to be reminded but I threw it out there anyway. Looking forward to reading about your knowledge and experiences you've gained throughout your diving career (if you call it that). Is it really a career if it's something you just enjoy doing?

Happy bubble blowing!

Welcome back to the depths! Hopefully you don't wait too much longer to recondition those gills and start swimming with the fishes like the rest of us.

Thanks!

I'm sure there's plenty you've missed and likely some newer technology that didn't exist 20 years ago so make sure to at least do a refresher, which I'm sure you don't need to be reminded but I threw it out there anyway.

Yep, I'm a huge proponent of refresher courses for everyone regardless of their prior experience. If for no other reason because skill sets are perishable...not to mention mindset.

Back when I was only out of the water for a year or so fellow divers would encourage me to go dive with them but I told them that I couldn't because I didn't have time for a refresher course.

They would invariably say "You don't need a refresher course, you were an Instructor!" To which I would invariably say "I need a refresher course BECAUSE I was an Instructor."

Looking forward to reading about your knowledge and experiences you've gained throughout your diving career (if you call it that).

I'll try not to be a bore. :wink:

Thanks again. Is it really a career if it's something you just enjoy doing?

Happy bubble blowing!

Good point. It was always fun!

howdy and welcome from your northern neighbor....

Back
Top Bottom