Hello ScubaBoard.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GaMatt72

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
I have always wanted to get SCUBA certified and never had time. Looking to change that as I love the water and have been snorkeling most of my life. I am slowly gathering equipment and hopefully by next summer I can get my certification. My wife is interested also but wants me to get certified first.

One more thing how can I change my name to a user name? It asked at sign up full name and never asked for a user name. I wanted it to be GaMatt72 as that is what I use for other forums (non dive related).

Thank you so much.

I always feel that a lifetime of snorkelling gives you a big head start.
To get a username maybe ask at site support.

Welcome aboard! Once you're certified, let us know where you plan to dive - there may be some trip reports or discussions that can thread.

Richard.

I have always wanted to get SCUBA certified and never had time. Looking to change that as I love the water and have been snorkeling most of my life. I am slowly gathering equipment and hopefully by next summer I can get my certification. My wife is interested also but wants me to get certified first.

One more thing how can I change my name to a user name? It asked at sign up full name and never asked for a user name. I wanted it to be GaMatt72 as that is what I use for other forums (non dive related).

Thank you so much.

Welcome aboard!

Glad you're making diving a reality in your life.

For user name changes you can request it in site support. Or in this case, one of the mods noticed your request right here and took action for you.

This site is a great place for finding gear, are you also buying locally on Craigslist?

Enjoy.
Cameron

howdy and welcome from southeast florida....inner space is waiting for you to give it a try....

Hi GaMatt,
Welcome!!! I can totally understand why you want to get certified. This is the most amazing sport on earth. I got certified and became totally addicted. So much so that 16 months later I was a professional diver and now i get paid to do dive. This time next year I hope to be an Instructor.

So all the best to you on your journey. You're gonna love it! However, it's more addictive than crack. LOL!

Good Luck to you and let us know how your dive training and certification goes.

~Becca

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom