Hello Scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neilstewart

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi to all divers.

I've just found this most useful site and want to get involved.

I took my first dive in January qualify PADI O/W and am now completely and utterly hooked. I traveled to The Maldives in May and took AOW & Nitrox and just for good measure had an encouter with five Whale Sharks in one morning, that sort of thing leaves me speechless.

I have more trips planned and would appreciate info on good links or personal recommendations on Curacao or Turks & Caicos

Neil
Herts, England

Neil, Welcome to the Scubasource family. Glad to have you aboard. Wow! 5 Whale sharks in one morning is VERY impressive. Did you by any chance get some pictues you'd like to share with us?

Sea you in the Deep Blue!

Hi Mario and thanks for welcoming me.

This was only my 10th dive, there were only 6 people on the boat including the dive staff and no one had any camera's. I've now armed myself with a reefmaster and I just hope i'll be that lucky again. I'm going back to Ari Beach, Maldives same time next year, who knows.

Neil

Neilstewart,

Pass your wt belt and fins up and climb in! Welcome to the best scuba site that ether can support! Whale sharks, Maldives, May...You might just see a Joewr there, too!

Oh yes, while looking around this Board, you may see something that looks human, but has scales. Do not fear: it is just Iguana Don. He does not bite...but some of his questions do!

The one other thing you kinda wanna pay attention to is a fellow named Warhammer. He has this thing dubbed the "Warhammer Maneuver" and you need to look around the board to find a photo of it. That way you will know what to watch out for. I tell this to many novice divers--when you see the photo, you will understand.

Joewr

Welcome, welcome. WOW five whalesharks! The best I've done is two -- last year in the Gulf of California.
This place is great to pick up tips, and tales (or is that tails?) to tell.

Welcome...I am sure that you will find those boards extremely helpfull and entertaining. I am here for less than 1 week and already i learn many many new things and slove many o my questions !!

Dive Safe

Manogr

Neilstewart,
Please allow me to add my welcome to you! I've only been a member here since the 1st of Aug. and I can tell you this is a great place to be when not diving!.. 5 Whale Sharks, WOW! I'm hoping to get a glimpse of my 1st Whale Shark in Dec while diving in Roatan. Glad to have you aboard!

~lildiver

:whoa: FIVE whale sharks????? I am spewing with jealousy.... Hi Neil - you don't know how you have just made me feel... I have a thing about whale sharks (ooer?!?!)... just read This Thread and you will see why:

Welcome to the boards, but I warn you, if you come up with any more tales like this one I will regulate you back into the water! Just kidding... I am salivating at the prospect of hearing FULL details about your whale shark encounters.... grrrrrrr.... so, let's hear it then!

Yours in envy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom