Hello! Info needed for Cancun Trip!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pisces Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi divers! My name is Marcia, and my boyfriend and I just got certified last April 2004 in Curacao. We took another trip back there this March, and I now have another trip planned with my twin daughters to Cancun in June, without my dive buddy. I've been a snorkeler for many years and am very excited about now being certified to dive. Besides 2 trips to Curacao, I also did some diving last year in Costa Rica.

Any suggestions for the best dive operator in Cancun? I probably will not rent a car for the week, maybe just a day or two. Should I bring my shortie wetsuit? Can't wait, only 5 weeks to go!

Thanks!

Hello Marcia,

since I dive mainly locally, I don't know the first thing about Cancun. But I'm sure some around here will know more.

Laurens
BTW, welcome (Scub)aBoard! :balloon

Welcome to the board Marcia. Lauren is given you a great link to post your question. I believe you will receive a better reponse there. I'm glad you joined us...

I have used Manta Divers and Scuba Cancun, both were ok. Aquaworld is the biggest dive op in Cancun, haven't tried them yet. I have used a 3 mil shorty and a 3 mil full, both worked well for my comfort level. Welcome to SB and have fun diving in Cancun.
David

Hi there and welcome to the boards! I too am just a local diver for my area, so I can't help you too much. However, I know that there are a lot of people around here that travel a lot, and I bet they can help you out!

Let me know if there is anything that I can help you with while your learning your way around here!!

Have FUN on your vacation, and safe diving!

-Kayla :dazzler1:

:sunny Hello There Marcia,

I would like to Welcome you to Scuba Board –One of the most informative and dedicated boards on the net. You can meet a lot of helpful people here and it’s an awesome place to get answers to your questions regarding scuba diving.

Take care and Safe Diving.

:palmtree:
-Matt-

Click here to greet a new member!
:thumb:
No experience needed and it feels great!

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Hello Marcia - are you actually staying in Cancun on the hotel strip? Or at a resort near there? This will help us answer your question. If on the hotel strip go for one of the smaller operators, like Manta, Lemon or even Scuba Cancun. We are a little south of Cancun and look after divers staying in or near Puerto Morelos from Moon Palace to as far south as Iberostar but then soem divers come up from Playa del carmen to dive with us becuase the reef is so good ehre and the wreck accesible...see you soon...cat..

Please call Nautilus 011-52-998-892-1148 from US or email at c_bluedive@hotmail.com I promise you will have a wonderful experience- They will take excellent care of you (and your daughters if they want to give scuba a try). Ask for Octavio. He is the BEST- very patient and very knowledgeable.

HAVE FUN! I AM JEALOUS!

Pisces Diver:
Hi divers! My name is Marcia, and my boyfriend and I just got certified last April 2004 in Curacao. We took another trip back there this March, and I now have another trip planned with my twin daughters to Cancun in June, without my dive buddy. I've been a snorkeler for many years and am very excited about now being certified to dive. Besides 2 trips to Curacao, I also did some diving last year in Costa Rica.

Any suggestions for the best dive operator in Cancun? I probably will not rent a car for the week, maybe just a day or two. Should I bring my shortie wetsuit? Can't wait, only 5 weeks to go!

Thanks!

We will be staying on the hotel strip, and I probably won't have a car, so an operator close to Cancun would be the best. I have heard somewhere that Scuba Cancun had old equipment, and since I won't be bringing any except mask, snorkel & fins, that is important. Your thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom