Hello - I'm new to this!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melohuyea

New
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Mel and not just new to this forum but new to scuba diving, in fact I haven't even started but my aim this summer is to finally do a diving course after thinking about it for years! Any advice on the types of course I should do, (I am thinking PADI Open Water) and places to do it either in Spain, Scotland or Cape Town!

Look forward to hearing from you!
Mel

Hi Mel, before you decide what course you wish to take i'd chat with the instructors that would be teaching you the course, having a good instructor I would say is more important than the course you do. As for where you do it, it would depend how susceptible you are to the cold. If you do it in Scotland then you will probably learn in a drysuit rather than just a wetsuit, so if you are planning on continuing to dive in colder waters then that would definately be an advantage. If you do it in Cape Town it will be lovely and warm and you'll only need your wetsuit but then if you do want to dive in Scotland you will have to do some more training in Drysuit diving...leaves you with a few things to think about.
Chris

Welcome to the ScubaBoard! No backing out now! Ditto on what scubachrisb says..

Thanks for the messages! Yes, indeed a lot to think about! I'm not a fan of the cold but since I come from the frozen north I proably should start with that and then diving in warmer water will seem so much , well warmer! I'm based in Spain right now but on the Atlantic coast so if I were to do it here was thinking the Med. Ok will start my reseach! Thanks again!

welcome

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom