Hello! I am a new to scuba board looking for advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The $400 'value' is pretty inflated.
It's possible to do yourself, but if you don't want the hassle there are places that will do it at a reasonable cost
Dive Computer Battery
I have never used these guys, but I know of others that have and had a good experience.
You may want to just keep it after that.
Thanks but I no longer do etc diving and was hoping someone who does may want to take it on as a back up or spare. Once again thanks.

Thanks northern one, i know where i bought it but i have not the receipt. I think I will send it to UWATEC and see if they will do it.

If you registered your computer when you purchased it, you do not need the reciept. A Scubapro dealer should be able to verify your purchase with serial number, name etc, which should then allow the battery for life to apply.

How do they know if this been purchased from an authorized dealer or not?
For example I order an aqualung computer online,
And then when it needs servicing I just take to a shop (not mine cuz they'll know I didn't buy it from them) that IS an authorized dealer...????

How do they know if this been purchased from an authorized dealer or not?
For example I order an aqualung computer online,
And then when it needs servicing I just take to a shop (not mine cuz they'll know I didn't buy it from them) that IS an authorized dealer...????
Aqualung does not sell online as a general rule so if you're buying a computer online (unless it's Divers Supply or a few others) it's not being purchased from an Authorized Dealer. If you're buying from Leisurepro - read the fine print - they offer their own equivalent warranty instead. Even when AL experimented with online sales thru Shopatron - one of the requirements was pickup at your local dealer.

If you do buy an Aqualung computer from any authorized Aqualung source - take it to your shop when needed. It's part of their policy that all dealers support their products regardless of where purchased - as long as it was originally from an authorized dealer. People move you know...

Really unless something fails electronically, most shops can replace batteries on just about any modern computer - many are now sold as user-replaceable. It takes a special tool (sometimes) and a $20 kit. Aqualung controls their inventory more than most though so finding the kit may be some work. O-rings are like 50c. anywhere and the batteries are typically a better grade of watch battery now so it shouldn't be too difficult to source both if you want to DIY.

@Nikole

Last edited:
I hope so, it's all over their website - the current "featured" banner plus they're listed in Featured Brands at the bottom.
Scuba Gear - Largest Scuba Diving Equipment Selection - Divers Supply

Divers Direct is now also so maybe Aqualung is loosening up their restrictions a little. diversdirect home page

Probably the same price at either place...

It's a little inconvenient but you can check authorized dealers - if you know the zipcode - on the Aqualung.com website - there's a search box at the top left.

Last edited:
No, divers supply isn't one of them. They supposedly have a store in Jacksonville and Georgia and I picked a zip code in both places and it's not listes.i have alot of stores in my area though. I'll just wait til black Friday for the coupon codes. I was going to order the Mares Smart and someone pointed out this they're not good computers and they're kind of right the reviews online aren't good. My shop was going to let me have the aqualung i450 for $500 it's a tad outside of my price range but it has all the features I want, and a cheaper alternative to the suunto d4i novo

They are but just not under the zips you tried - possibly only their corporate location is listed (IDK which one that is...)

They're offering the same promo as Divers Direct and it's only for Aqualung Authorized Dealers since they get a discount from the mfr. to be able to sell/give it away.

You really aren't saving anything but the tax though as Aqualung has a MAP price they expect all their dealers to advertise. I have heard of some being allowed to offer 10% off but my dealer acted like he never heard of it when I wanted to buy a Suunto - at the time they were distributed in the U.S. by Aqualung, but that recently changed to Huish.

So all you're saving online is the local sales tax. For the difference, build a btter relationship with your local dealer and buy from them.

Last year Pelagic Pressure Systems - who makes the I450 for Aqualung - was bought (or at least the rights acquired) to their line of computers. Formerly they had the same arrangement with Oceanic. I believe the I450 is just a rebranded/re-faced Oceanic model but I don't know which one. Try matching features if interested.

I believe PPS still makes computers for Oceanic as well, there's only a handful of companies that make them for everyone.

Someone here did a cross-over listing last year so you might find more reviews on it under the Oceanic model number. Probably in the Computers forum but I don't remember. It's kind of a long thread and I believe the title is one of the new Aqualung Model #'s

Last edited:
Yes I know. The coupons pretty much subtract the tax. There was no tax added to my cart on Divers Supply tho...? I didn't buy it yet j just placed it in the cart.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom