Hello! I am a new to scuba board looking for advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brads7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Does anyone know where I can purchase a battery for a UWATEC Smart TEC computer. My local dive shops cannot help me!

Oil filled is correct.

From their site:
"If you have purchased a selected* UWATEC computer from an authorized dealer you are eligible for The Batteries for Life Program. When the batteries require replacement, simply return you computer to SCUBAPRO UWATEC. We will calibrate the computer and replace the batteries, free of charge. (a $400 value). Purchases from unauthorized dealers, will be required to pay full retail price for replacement and service."

Pretty sure it's an oil filled affair. Not a simple battery swap.
I have an Aiz Z that I did a swap on [successfully lol]
Thanks for the reply. I have since found out you are right!

Oil filled is correct.

From their site:
"If you have purchased a selected* UWATEC computer from an authorized dealer you are eligible for The Batteries for Life Program. When the batteries require replacement, simply return you computer to SCUBAPRO UWATEC. We will calibrate the computer and replace the batteries, free of charge. (a $400 value). Purchases from unauthorized dealers, will be required to pay full retail price for replacement and service."
Thanks northern one, i know where i bought it but i have not the receipt. I think I will send it to UWATEC and see if they will do it.

Oil filled is correct.

From their site:
It may be worth the $400 just to get it working and sell it on, though I'm pretty sure it won't bring much as technology has moved on!

There's a YouTube DIY video...If you're good with soldering and taking stuff apart and putting it back together.

The $400 'value' is pretty inflated.
It's possible to do yourself, but if you don't want the hassle there are places that will do it at a reasonable cost
Dive Computer Battery
I have never used these guys, but I know of others that have and had a good experience.
You may want to just keep it after that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom