Hello, Hank - don't want you miss another storm...!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Umbraphile
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
See http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/bay-islands/353461-chance-hurricane-bay-weekend.html

at201015_5day.gif

Last edited:
this has been a strange one since they started projecting its path last Monday. At first it was forecasted to to gain strength every day to almost Cat 4 and was headed right for Belize. They got the headed for Belize right. But after that it seemed they weren't certain and still aren't exactly. Some models are showing it doing a U turn and back out into the Caribbean right off Belize. If it does that, I hope it hurries off....up your way. :D....
Here in Dangriga we slid by with only some wind the first half of the day. Now it's nice....cool with a west wind.

Cat-4? Never. Cat-1 was the most I ever saw project. A couple of computer guesses put Matt back onto the Bay, but the others don't support that. Dr.Masters had thot that his remnants and/or the storm wannabe just across Central American on the Pacific side could push back onto water and reorganize, perhaps requiring a vote on whether to call it Matthew or Nicole, but I'm guessing he's just going to break up and rain on parades all over the area.

The first day it was posted....last Monday I believe, it showed steadily increasing winds up to 140 mph over the next 120 hours. The next day it was downgraded and showed a max of about 80 was possible. I was trying ton find the history of it but I can't find it on WeatherUnderground.

Back
Top Bottom