Hello, great white shark fan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ross1234

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there I'm brand new to this never done scuba, I'm from the uk and I'm desperate to do scuba diving in the cage but have no idea of the prices, would love to do it in Mexico does anyone have any ideas of prices or any help you could advise me on please? Do you book it over there?

You don't actually need to be scuba certified to dive in the cages since it's surface supplied air diving.

fwiw, this is currently the middle of GWS season - it typically runs from Sept-Nov although Nautilus goes earlier in August also. And the trips leave from San Diego, California although Guadalupe is in Mexico. Here's some links with details/prices etc - there's others:

Isla Guadalupe White Shark Cage Diving - Shark Diver
Great White Shark Diving Guadalupe Island aboard Nautilus Explorer
Great White Shark Cage Diving :: Great White Adventures :: Dive Isla Guadalupe
M/V Islander | Great white shark cage diving | Guadalupe Island

I've never done it...

Appreciate your response, the prices are not quite clear it states around 3000 dollers I just wanted to do it for one day but can't I it there I'm not sure if the 3009 Is with flights aconadation etc, anyone done this could shed any light please?

Isla Guadalupe is too remote to do as a 1-day trip - it's about 220 miles+ south of San Diego. ex:
Q: How long does it take to get to Guadalupe Island?
A: Travel time is approximately 23 hours. The majority of the traveling is done at night while guests are sleeping.
All the ones I linked to are for 5 day or longer liveaboard trips. You'll need to pay your way to San Diego - most cover everything else - except maybe the shuttle to the boat. It's all spelled out clearly if you review the websites - here's the detail from the Sharkdivers website:
Our 2011 pricing includes 12+ divers per trip max (compare other boats with 16-24 divers), U.S. shark and vessel crews, all shark diving permits, unlimited beer and wine, soft drinks, wet suits, weight systems, on board accommodations, meals, snacks, transfers from San Diego airport. Shark Diver offers expedition forward pricing so you do not get hit with surprises down the line. Solo shark divers are encouraged and never hit with a single supplement fee. Ever.

Here's Islander - they charge $155 more if you don't want to share a stateroom.
All Inclusive Pricing: $2795
Great White Shark Diving at Guadalupe Island

Our cage dives are all-inclusive packages with no hidden fees or costs. We include the following on every trip:

Four star meals, snacks and appetizers prepared by a professional chef
All beverages including beer and wine
Air conditioned stateroom accomodations
Mexican tourist visas
Guadalupe Island Biosphere permits
Wetsuits, masks, weights and all related shark cage diving gear.

What to expect on their trip: http://www.islander-charters.com/shark-diving/itinerary.shtml

If you're still considering it, most will be sold out for the current season so book in advance.

Last edited:
OP: Our trip was pretty good, but the going out and especially the coming back in was rough. I would absolutely recommend preparing with some sea-sickness meds.
The water was BEAUTIFUL and clear and the crew was nice. We saw at least 4 sharks in our 3 diving days, some returning each day.
We went out of San Diego and they drove us to Ensenda where the port was.

Please let me know if you have more specific questions :)

Happy diving,
tina @SIC

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom