Hello from Upstate NY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello, Brian here. Username is just a common misspelling that ive seen so much that I went an got a domain name for it. Currently in Binghamton NY but originally from Tupper Lake.

Past that, I went and got my OW cert in 2019. Did a referral course down in Aruba on my honeymoon. And yes, the first 2 days of our honeymoon were spent doing our own things.

Last year I went and did an AOW course down in Dutch Springs.

Come to this year and I did a Nitrox Cert and finally got my own gear.

Now in the next weekend or 2 I want to make it up to Alex Bay and go diving with All About Scuba. I was quite excited to hear that Saturday mornings they have a group that will just go out and dive. Hoping I can learn a thing or 2 along the way.

Any recommendations on diving anywhere in NY or PA would be helpful.

Brian

Welcome to SB!
Dive safe.
Chip

Welcome to ScubaBoard, and Howdy! from Texas. Glad to have you aboard!

Welcome from Western NY. Enjoy the Thousand Islands. The River is beautiful, and the wrecks are incredible. Come west, Erie is a great dive location!

Welcome from a native of Yonkers. My car had a serious breakdown in 1976 in Tupper Lake. Shop owner who did the repairs was Lawrence Quesnel. Don't even ask how I happened to remember his name.

Welcome, I'm less than an hour from you in Sayre,PA. Alex bay, and dutch springs are the big dive sites close by. I also dive Seneca lake from Watkins Glen regularly with S&R Underwater. Its pretty low key, they go out on the boat most weekends.

I think there are a couple groups out of Syracuse that dive regularly as well.

Welcome, I'm less than an hour from you in Sayre,PA. Alex bay, and dutch springs are the big dive sites close by. I also dive Seneca lake from Watkins Glen regularly with S&R Underwater. Its pretty low key, they go out on the boat most weekends.

I think there are a couple groups out of Syracuse that dive regularly as well.
I am hoping to get to dutch springs sometime.

This past weekend I ended up going to Alexandria Bay and diving at Bonnie Castle. Ended up doing 2 dives Saturday and 2 dives Sunday. Vis was a little low at times but it was 65 degrees all the way down to 67'. Much better than Dutch. Will likely end up going back there more on the weekends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom