Hello from the Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jim! I dove with you in October of 2000! You run a great boat!

Capt. Jim,
Welcome from NJ!
As a Scuba boat captain, i'll just bet you have a wealth of experience to share.
Looking forward to it.
Good luck,
Miked

Welcome aboard Captn - As I am sitting by my computer, wrapped in a warm blanket, I am thinking about the nice sunshine-y weather you have down there!

Sunshine :sunny:

welcome aboard captain:cheer:

And a warm (in spirit - 'cause it's f'n cold here right now) welcom from someone north of the ole 49th!

You'll enjoy any time you are able to spend here, the folks are friendly, and quite normal - well most of them (you gotta watch out for the lamé suits and some of the antics of others -- not me hehehe)

This may be a dumb question - or a highly unique one.... is it far to drive from Orlando to the Keys? I have a very good chance of being sent to Orlando for a conference mid-March and want to take advantage of my escape from the Great White North.

from far away in warm and sunny Bangkok (although I'm freezing in the aircon in my office! :cold: )

Originally posted by DivingGal
.... is it far to drive from Orlando to the Keys? I have a very good chance of being sent to Orlando for a conference mid-March and want to take advantage of my escape from the Great White North.
Let's see, if memory serves me right, from Orlando to Key Largo (the first key), takes 5 hours driving time if you obey speed limits. From Key Largo to Key West (the last key) takes 4 hours. If you only want to go as far as Key Largo - there's pretty awesome diving there too.

Sunshine :)

thanks for the driving/diving info... and lucky me, trip has been approved!

Back
Top Bottom