Hello from the great lakes!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox Junkie

Great Lakes diver
Reaction score
I am originally from Michigan and now reside in In
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I am new to this site and it is pretty cool. Just wanted to say hello from the great lakes good old battle creek Michigan. You know the cereal city.

Hello there Jeff, welcome to the family here at Scubasource! You know just between me and you, I would love to live in the Great Lakes area for a short while just to dive all of those neat wrecks out there. Do you have any good stories to share with us?

Thanks alot mario for welcoming me. I probably do have some good stories but every dive trip has been an adventure here in the great lakes, and there is so much to tell that I wouldn't know where to start. I know one thing I would recommend it to anyone as long as you like cold water diving. I go to tobermory canada every year and this trip is exceptional. I have not been to whitefish pt up in lake superior yet but am going in september. Maybe someone could give me some insite to diving this area. I have been up there camping on the shores and it is awsome but have never dove there. Cant wait!!!!! Jeff

Jeff,

I hear Thaddus Bedford or Mike Zee are two people that dive that area a lot. Thaddus runs a small charter boat. For myself, as soon as I get my tri mix card, it is a road trip to the Great Lakes.

Welcome aboard,
ERic

Welcome Jeff,

I'm sure if you put a post under travel someone will be able to help you out on where to dive in whitefish pt. Try the internet on some of the bigger internet dive sites or do a search on yahoo.com ....Again Welcome and please do share SOME stories with us. It helps some of us stay motivated to continue diving.

Aaron

Thanks Eric and Aaron.
I appreciate your response and cant believe how you can find out ANYTHING you want to know about diving. For that reason I love this site.
I am planning a trip to whitefish pt this fall. The local dive shop has had a trip there for the last two years and I have for one reason or another been unable to go. I have already made arrangements to go this year. I have some dive buddys that went last year so I kinda know how the trip will be layed out. Was just wanting some more opinions on diving the location. You know what others thought about it. Thanks again for the welcome.
Jeff from the greatlakes

welcome aboard jeff. like you i too live in michigan. i am in mikado in the northeastern part of the Lp. if you ever get a chance to get to alpena or the straits send a letter my way and i can hook you up with some charters or what ever you need. sam

Welcome Jeff.

Hope you enjoy staying with us.

I've been wanting to know Battle Creek for historical reasons. Can you share something about your home town with us?

Bye for now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom