Hello from the FL Keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveGeekBags

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Ive been a research diver in the Florida Keys for 27years. I started making mesh tool bags for fellow researchers a few years ago because I could never find the right bag for my purposes. i now sell these bags to fellow divers- especially shark teeth collectors. I joined ScubaBoard because I’m interested in finding out if there are other types of divers who can use specialized bags so I can make them. I’m not here to spam ads, just want to learn what typical divers use! :cool:

Welcome!

I imagine you will find some folks where it will be mutually advantageous?

More infomation on your research diving and what you are making to fill what needs would be interesting ....

Thanks for the welcome! My research is on corals & the work I do involves carrying things like nails, cable ties, monofilament & other such things that are not suited for soft mesh. I also need to carry centrifuge tubes & caps that want to float away the second a bag is opened. We also collect live samples that need to stay alive until we get back to the lab so I made fine mesh bags that slow water to flow through. Not exactly rocket science but it helps to have the right gear for the right task. The kinds i routinely sell are on my website though I’m looking to add new types.

Attachments

• 0E413D07-1B93-459C-A089-DD37EAC372A2.jpeg
    0E413D07-1B93-459C-A089-DD37EAC372A2.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 45
  • E69EF3AC-397F-482C-89EB-BB27093088BE.jpeg
    E69EF3AC-397F-482C-89EB-BB27093088BE.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 16E28028-8B5E-468D-9EDF-7F680B300161.jpeg
    16E28028-8B5E-468D-9EDF-7F680B300161.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 56
Welcome and what a clever idea to be able to attach the bag to the belt so the don't dangle.

Thanks for the welcome! My research is on corals & the work I do involves carrying things like nails, cable ties, monofilament & other such things that are not suited for soft mesh. I also need to carry centrifuge tubes & caps that want to float away the second a bag is opened. We also collect live samples that need to stay alive until we get back to the lab so I made fine mesh bags that slow water to flow through. Not exactly rocket science but it helps to have the right gear for the right task. The kinds i routinely sell are on my website though I’m looking to add new types.
These are awesome. I use a similar type of bag for public safety diving for certain types of evidence recovery. Going to pass your website along, thank you!

These are awesome. I use a similar type of bag for public safety diving for certain types of evidence recovery. Going to pass your website along, thank you!
Awesome thanks! I have sold a few to sheriff dive teams so I can imagine they’d have a use for it. Evidence recovery & sample collection is not so different ;-)

Welcome and what a clever idea to be able to attach the bag to the belt so the don't dangle.
Thanks! That’s definitely not *my* good idea but it is better for some divers esp if they don’t need to remove it from their gear. Research groups often hand bags off to other divers several times during the day or even during the dive so the type that threads on a strap is less practical for my own purposes. I made that one as a reproduction of an XS scuba pocket that a lot of divers loved they no longer sell.

Welcome to ScubaBoard! These look great! Thanks for including your website!

Back
Top Bottom