Hello from the blue ridge mountains

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alurpal

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got my OW in 2011 and have accumulated 12 dives total! The technical aspects of diving and the marine biosphere have always intrigued me but other priorities limited my diving to vacation only. Also, having a 2 year old has reinvigorated the importance of safety as I continue to learn more.

I currently reside in the Asheville, NC area and just completed the elearning for my PADI AOW and just signed up for Nitrox (looking to do my adventure dives at gray quarry, TN in a couple weeks).

i also just purchased my first equipment, a dgx bp/w with mares xr regs and about to pull the trigger on the shearwater Teric.

my goals are to eventually complete rescue diver cert and at least advanced Nitrox for some limited deco dives.

Happy to be here, lot of great discussions happening here, and I love learning.

Happy and safe diving,
Alexander

Welcome to SB. Quarry dives are pretty much what I'd do here in Indiana, but I never have - have only been in the ocean and cenotes. Good luck in reaching your goals.

I got my OW in 2011 and have accumulated 12 dives total! The technical aspects of diving and the marine biosphere have always intrigued me but other priorities limited my diving to vacation only. Also, having a 2 year old has reinvigorated the importance of safety as I continue to learn more.

I currently reside in the Asheville, NC area and just completed the elearning for my PADI AOW and just signed up for Nitrox (looking to do my adventure dives at gray quarry, TN in a couple weeks).

i also just purchased my first equipment, a dgx bp/w with mares xr regs and about to pull the trigger on the shearwater Teric.

my goals are to eventually complete rescue diver cert and at least advanced Nitrox for some limited deco dives.

Happy to be here, lot of great discussions happening here, and I love learning.

Happy and safe diving,
Alexander
I am an avid diver, but also a motorcycle enthusiast. I rode the Blue Ridge Mountains, it is incredibly beautiful!!!

Klod

Welcome to ScubaBoard! Excited to hear about your adventures!

Like Jimmy Buffett (almost), I’m “the son of a sailor” but my late father did his “sailing” courtesy of Uncle Sam during WW II, most notably during the D-Day invasion. After the War, he settled in VA, eventually reaching the Piedmont of Virginia 🗻 where he lived until he passed away. I pretty much had to discover the Sea for myself! :scubadiver:

My “one particular harbor” is Graham’s Harbour on the North end of San Salvador, Bahamas. Altogether I probably have over 200 dives in various parts of the Bahamas, many of them off San Sal, it’s been too long since I’ve been back! ”I know I don’t get there often enough…” but I’m hoping to get there this June after the long layoff due to the Wu Flu Pandemic. :yeahbaby:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom