Hello from Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent! I am working on doing my certification now plus my Nitrox. Pennyroyal will more than likely be my local dive location as I explore around.

After your certification, look me up, if I'm available, I'll give you a tour (I have over 500 dives there), it would be my honor!:blinking:

Welcome from Chattanooga! If you're ever interested in diving Loch Low Minn or Philadelphia let me know. I'm also interested in diving Jeff's quarry which is near you and if you're interested in treasure diving the Tennessee river let me know (i frequent the river).

Welcome! I got my open water cert at Loch-Low-Minn and I have been diving Philadelphia quarry every chance I get this year. Both locations are great dive sites!

OK, due to scheduling I was finally able to get my open water dives in and get certified....Now I am looking to hit the water. I was thinking of diving Oct 9th or 10th but it looks like Pennyroyal is a no go.

Yea when their hours I saw they were closed during the week this time of year. I am off every other weekend and this will be my weekend to work so I if I want to dive this week I will have to go somewhere else.

True, you'll need to make it on the weekend. Their hours.

Richard.

Considering that options this time of year in this area will be slim pickings, in cold water looking at rocky structure and bluegill mostly, if I didn't want to wait till next Spring to get my dive on, I might consider a trip somewhere. Cozumel is famous as a good place with overall budget pricing for the trip. You will pay the same for airfare whether you stay 4 days or a week though. But trading a week of Tennessee winter for a week diving the tropics can be some kind of sweet. In warm weather I'd consider Key Largo diving with Rainbow Reef Dive Center, 2 2-tank boat trips/day, but I don't know how reliable sea conditions are this time of year, or water temp.s Airfare to Ft. Lauderdale isn't bad; a rental car to get down there, stay at Courtyard Marriott with RRDC at the end of the parking lot...Sept. 2013 I did 20 dives in 5 days flat.

Richard.

LOL....I feel there is still some diving left in the season so we can try another time. Yea I am sure you are dreading the warm waters of FL and cave diving LOL. I am heading to FL in Dec to do a little fun diving myself for a week.
Figures.... I have to work the next 2 weekend,... then down to Fl to be tortured during my CCR Cave training.:D

---------- Post added October 6th, 2014 at 09:17 PM ----------

And I thought I was the only one who heard that! LOL
Yea, I can hear you screaming all the way down here in Clarksville... "NO!!!!! NOT FLORIDA!!!!"

---------- Post added October 6th, 2014 at 09:22 PM ----------

You kinda read my mind, a trip to the Caymans that was planned in Dec of this year is kind of how I got interested in scuba. Since I won't be making the Cayman trip I am deciding to hit FL in Dec instead. I work outside year round so a little cold doesn't bother me but I know I will get colder faster in the water so I just have to watch that.

Considering that options this time of year in this area will be slim pickings, in cold water looking at rocky structure and bluegill mostly, if I didn't want to wait till next Spring to get my dive on, I might consider a trip somewhere. Cozumel is famous as a good place with overall budget pricing for the trip. You will pay the same for airfare whether you stay 4 days or a week though. But trading a week of Tennessee winter for a week diving the tropics can be some kind of sweet. In warm weather I'd consider Key Largo diving with Rainbow Reef Dive Center, 2 2-tank boat trips/day, but I don't know how reliable sea conditions are this time of year, or water temp.s Airfare to Ft. Lauderdale isn't bad; a rental car to get down there, stay at Courtyard Marriott with RRDC at the end of the parking lot...Sept. 2013 I did 20 dives in 5 days flat.

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom