Hello from Tampa, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phenom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello guys, I just got certified a month ago. I have purchased nearly all my equipment (besides the tank) from a local store and I am ready to start diving. I am looking on what to do next. Are there any sites near the Tampa area worth looking at? And how can I find new dive buddies? I was thinking about going to the place that I got certified with and just signing up for a trip with a dive master. Any advice would be appreciated! :)

Welcome to the board. Taking trips with the DM is a great idea until you are proficient in the water. Tampa has some spots to dive, but the boat rides are pretty long. What type of diving are you looking for? I am sure some of the locals will chime in. I am only a part timer there.

I'm Interested in boat dives, shore dives, fresh water dives, and once I get more experience and take the advanced open water classes I want to eventually get into wreck and cave diving.

If you're willing to make a bit of a drive, Lake Denton in Avon park is a fun little dive, good for establishing skills, I'm still trying to find decent dives around tampa, let me know if you find anything that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, I'm a recent graduate with no money, so I try to do shore dives.

Also, Dan Fisher runs a dive against debris volunteer operation around tampa occasionally, dfisher@us.net, it's a fun way to spend a morning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom