Hello from Sunny Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leyhivedhi

Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Sorry I'm not very familiar with all the discussions since i became a member. But i just wanted to share something with you guys. As Some of you may know this is the Whale Shark and Manta season for Baa atoll Maldives. Since 15th of July we started seeing 2 or 3 Whale Sharks ("Hani Faru"the dive site.Baa Atoll, Maldives) everyday with hundreds of manta's together feeding. Amazing isn't it??? But unfortunately there are some crazy Marine Biologists(funded by worlds top organizations involved in "protecting the marine life") who ride and chase them away in the name of doing research. Recently I heard that one of them was chasing the Whale Shark in front of few divers and snorkelers who are paying lots of money to see that amazing creatures. what can we do to these crazy people who know everything about the behavior of these creatures and teaching others how to save our marine lives. Do you guys have any comments about these kind of situations???

looking forward get some comments from you guys... Cheers

Hi Leyhivedhi, I was wondering which months of the year the whale sharks come to Maldives? My finace and I are planning on our honeymoon in late Jan to early Feb... would we be able to snorkel with the whale sharks in Maldives around that time of the year?

Hi,

Sorry only saw this post now. Can you give me some more details regarding whats happening at Hani Faru. Who are the people involved? I can talk to someone I know in the Maldives and see what may be done. There is a large ecosystems mapping project going on in Baa Atoll as well so that might be able to assist if there are any problems.

Cheers,

Nishan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom