Hello from Stockton Lake in Missouri. I'm a diver that needs to find out some info on defunct NASDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, I have a prob with an old C-card that with age just crumbled & left me with no air refills! I'm certified by NASDS & since their headquarters burned down yrs ago without backup info on divers it has been a dilemma to figure out how to get a replacement c card. I'M 63 & don't feel like taking a new certification course. Is there any way to get back in to SCUBA?

Contacted SSI? - they absorbed NASDS about 20? years ago.

You've seen this? SSI Scuba Schools International - Replacement Card.

Looks like you want:
Amanda Finkbeiner
Replacement C-Cards
970-530-5208

Can you still piece it together to take a photo. Might contact Amanda to see if that's enough to order a replacement.

Also they have a refresher program now - all I know about it is what you can read here: SSI Scuba Schools International - Scuba Skills Update.

Maybe they can issue you a new card based on taking the class if you can provide verifiable details like your cert#. Mine is my Social Security number - and I still have my logbook somewhere with the cert date in it. I was certified in 1981.

My original crumbled probably a decade ago - at the time I was issued a new NASDS card - thru my local SSI shop. (formerly my NASDS shop) I might've been offered an SSI card option also then.

Hi, I have a prob with an old C-card that with age just crumbled & left me with no air refills! I'm certified by NASDS & since their headquarters burned down yrs ago without backup info on divers it has been a dilemma to figure out how to get a replacement c card. I'M 63 & don't feel like taking a new certification course. Is there any way to get back in to SCUBA?
Hi Victor, have you been diving at all in the past 20 years? A lot has changed in all that time. Biggest change most likely is yourself. Also due to the very few lifetime dives you have posted, which shows very little experience, it would be smart to simply to redo Open water class , start to finish.

Thanks alot guys for all the pertinent info on NASDS & SSI replacement cards. I've continued diving thru the yrs, especially @ Stockton Lake which has about 25 feet visibility and is only 20 minutes away. I just have numerous problems getting air. Hopefully if I get a new certification card I'll be able to get air easier and dive more often. Thanks again...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom