Hello from St. Louis Mo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - it would really help in future discussion if you'd complete your Profile. Click "User CP" upper left of this page, then go down to "Edit Profile."

:D

I was wondering what your thoughts are about diving equipment. Buy or rent? One guy told me I'd be better off renting the equipment instead of buying. Do they rent BC vests any place or just tanks?

MsParamedic:
Welcome to the board! I would suggest Mermet Springs in Metropolis. Quail Run is great for your cert dives, but not much to see. Another great dive site is Cerulean in Cadiz, Ky.--it's a 4 hour drive, but it is t-shirt diving (no wet suit) during the summer months. My personal choice for shops is Scuba Shop USA in S. County or Mid-West in St. Charles. Let me know if you ever need a dive buddy!

Pat

It is always best to use equipment that fits YOU well and you are familar with.... Purchasing is the best way to go (IMHO), but be sure to try on and test out different makes. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Aqualover:
I was wondering what your thoughts are about diving equipment. Buy or rent? One guy told me I'd be better off renting the equipment instead of buying. Do they rent BC vests any place or just tanks?

With my life in the balance, I'm going to own my gear, service it right, and know it well. My personal feeling is that if you're not going to Scuba enough to justify owning, then you're not going to get enough practice to learn it safely. Now that you've this far, decide on a serious sport - or not.

But then I'm known to be a harsh ol' butt. If you're going to rent, do so from you home dealer and test it in the pool before the trip. But at least own a Storm Whistle, Safety Sausage, and 4 Weight Belt Keepers. My self rightous opinion, money back guarantee. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom