Hello from South Dakota & Dreaming of Diving in Aqaba & Greece

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

----WARNING : LONG REPLY AHEAD!-----

Well,for a start, if you want to combine diving and tourism, I may suggest the islands of Kea and Leros. Both are nice Aegean islands with superb diving spots, but are not so overcrowded by tourists like 'top-tier' Mykonos and Santorini islands.
Sorry for the long post. As for me, a lonesome cowboy somewhere in SW Greece, my sanctuary and diving home is Proti Island, its WWII wreck and its walls. Hope to see you there someday and dive together!
Many thanks for the ideas. We are merely OW certified, so nothing that requires cave certification or deep dives. Others have recommended Chania.

Hi @Jeff in SD welcome to SB

What time of year are you planning to dive Aqaba?

Post something in the Red Sea part of the forum Red Sea and you will get more feedback.

Aqaba has some good wrecks and amazing vis but few fish.

I haven't dived there for about 13 years so can't give recent up to date information. I did two trips there using Dive Aqaba and they were first class, but as I said that was 13 years ago. All dives were from a comfortable boat called "Laila" and the food was amazing.

Back
Top Bottom