Hello from SoCal Im new

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rollenbor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi my name is Rob and im new to the sport and the site. I live in L.A.. I have my Open water and my Advanced Open water certification through PADI.

Im looking for new friends to dive with. Hoping to go out this weekend if someone wants to go. Im open to whatever. I can tag along with you and maybe some of your friends or we can find a beach or a boat and get out there. I just want to dive!

howdy and welcome from south Florida.....

L.A. is a VERY big place. Look in California Diving News for a dive club/shop in your area and spend time there. They often have buddy boards and club activities can give you great opportunities to learn and dive with others.

Hi my name is Rob and im new to the sport and the site. I live in L.A.. I have my Open water and my Advanced Open water certification through PADI.

Im looking for new friends to dive with. Hoping to go out this weekend if someone wants to go. Im open to whatever. I can tag along with you and maybe some of your friends or we can find a beach or a boat and get out there. I just want to dive!

I live in SoCal. There are some great dive clubs out by where you live. I often dive with Pacific Wilderness dive club and they dive most weekends out at Veterans Park in Redondo Beach, and at times in Laguna Beach area. They also have plenty dive boat trips to Catalina, the oil rigs, and other places. They're worth checking out. Cost to join their club is $30 per year, although they do not enforce this for you to dive with them. It does give you discounts on the costs for boat dives though.

You could also check out Power Scuba out of San Diego. Its non profit,and they do dive trips and activities other than just in San Diego also.Its free membership,and you meet people from all over who dive. :D

Welcome to this forum ,and I am new here .I want to study dive ,just want to someone help me :DI'll be a smart student!

I live in SoCal. There are some great dive clubs out by where you live. I often dive with Pacific Wilderness dive club and they dive most weekends out at Veterans Park in Redondo Beach, and at times in Laguna Beach area. They also have plenty dive boat trips to Catalina, the oil rigs, and other places. They're worth checking out. Cost to join their club is $30 per year, although they do not enforce this for you to dive with them. It does give you discounts on the costs for boat dives though.
Thanks for the advise. Are they still an active club? I went to their website and there doesn't seem to be any activity since 2014. I will totally join if they are.

Thanks for the advise. Are they still an active club? I went to their website and there doesn't seem to be any activity since 2014. I will totally join if they are.

Yes they are. Do you have access to facebook? Follow Pacific Wilderness. They post weekly dives they do. They are out most Saturday and Sunday mornings, and then also do a weekly Wednesday night dive at 6pm in Redondo Beach. I dove with them a couple of times before deciding to join the club. The club application is on their website pacificwilderness.com under dive club info. They're a great group of guys (and gals, lol). All their dives are posted on facebook, not their website.

Yes they are. Do you have access to facebook? Follow Pacific Wilderness. They post weekly dives they do. They are out most Saturday and Sunday mornings, and then also do a weekly Wednesday night dive at 6pm in Redondo Beach. I dove with them a couple of times before deciding to join the club. The club application is on their website pacificwilderness.com under dive club info. They're a great group of guys (and gals, lol). All their dives are posted on facebook, not their website.

Awesome! Thanks DJ im gonna sign up with them this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom