Hello From San Francisco!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

outofofficebrb

HARRO HUNNAYYY
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Here's my official first post....

My name is Jen and I live north of the Golden Gate Bridge by about 15 minutes. I pay for my travels and diving as a Buyer for a local sporting goods company. When I'm not working or traveling, I like to spend time with big dogs and motorcycles (sport bikes, especially!).

I did my first dive as a Discover dive in Thailand in September 2014 and got so sick on the way up I had to take medication which knocked me out cold; I slept during the second dive and woke up refreshed. In April 2015, I crossed my fingers hoping it wouldn't happen again and went for my OW certification. In May 2015, I went for my AOW and then in September 2015, Nitrox.

You can't pay me enough to go diving in San Francisco's cold water but I will travel the world for other options. To date, I've had 40 dives in the following places:

Phi Phi Islands, Thailand
Oahu, Hawaii
Catalina Island, California
Cozumel, Mexico
Catalina and Bat Islands, Costa Rica
Tahiti and Moorea, French Polynesia
Poor Knights Island, New Zealand

I'm headed to Australia in October and am signed up for a liveaboard (my first one!) on the Spirit of Freedom 4 day trip to the Coral Sea. If anyone else will be on the October 20th departure, please let me know! :) I'm also trying to fit the SS Yongala into my itinerary. I'm open to a dive buddy since I will be going alone.

Thank you for all of your tips/wisdom going forward and the warm welcome!

Welcome to the board, I am from Fairfield, CA ( not far from you) and plan to dive Monterey as much as I can in between trips. If you change your mind on cold water diving message me.

Welcome to SB! Like Mike said above...if you can get past your dislike for cold water there's some epic diving near you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom