• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Hello from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Greets' started by R.Gabriel, Feb 21, 2021.

1. R.Gabriel

R.Gabriel Registered

Hello everyone! I have no practical experience of diving. I am an aircraft mechanics student, well, at least I was. Due to the hard times we are going through, I had plenty of time to rethink my future and the career I want. After a lot of thinking, reflecting on the pros and cons and sharing this with my family, I decided to start taking the first steps in the world of diving. along with mechanics I have always been fascinated by saturation divers and commercial divers, since the beginning of the pandemic I have been trying to absorb as much information about diving as I can and that's how I came to know Scubaboard.com and now I'm doing my first post. I hope to learn a lot from all of you and in what I can help I will always be available.

The Chairman and Compressor like this.
  2. lowflyer

lowflyer Divemaster ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: I just don't log dives
    Bem-vindo a ScubaBoard! Sou norteamericano, mas morava no Brasil e tenho saudades.

cariocasubmarino and R.Gabriel like this.
  3. evandroairton

evandroairton Scuba Instructor

Hi
    Good to see another "brazuca"
    If your goal is commercial diving there are good courses at the "divers university" at Santos, the "senai" in Macaé, and the Navy expedited course at "CIAMA" in Niterói.
    But if you are Seeking sport diving there are some Schools at RIO, Niterói, and a lot near you in Cabo frio, Arraial do Cabo, and Búzios up north, and Angra and Paraty downsouth

Fique á vontade para perguntas

Regards

Bem vindo

4. Compressor

Compressor ScubaBoard Supporter Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Welcome to ScubaBoard @R.Gabriel. Thanks for joining.

R.Gabriel likes this.
  5. R.Gabriel

R.Gabriel Registered

Wow, cool! Thank you very much for the welcome, I always wanted to go to the United States, it's in my future plans. :thumb2:

6. R.Gabriel

R.Gabriel Registered

Thank you sir.

7. R.Gabriel

R.Gabriel Registered

blz Evandro! so cool, yes definitely my main objective is commercial diving, I was unaware that CIAMA had activities for civilians, with your tip I even downloaded the user service letter and saw that there is a very good thing for civilians too . Really good! until then i will have a long way, i will do OW and AOW, from there i will study my options and what will be the next steps to be taken.

Vlw mesmo Evandro pela dica, muito obrigado meu amigo!

chillyinCanada and evandroairton like this.
  8. evandroairton

evandroairton Scuba Instructor

Às ordens

R.Gabriel likes this.
  9. dewdropsonrosa

dewdropsonrosa ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 200 - 499
    I was an exchange student at PUCSP in 2009 and snorkeling in Paraty with my class is really what galvanized me to pursue my scuba dreams once I was an adult with an income. I'd love to get back to Brazil and dive for real!

10. R.Gabriel

R.Gabriel Registered

very cool, coincidentally in 2009 I was living in Campinas SP. Paraty is a such nice little town that I love, I already took some motorcycle rides there, I just didn't have the opportunity to dive.

evandroairton likes this.