Hello from Reno - new diver seeking dive buddy for Tahoe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Branby

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Howdy! I've logged a grand total of seven dives at Lake Tahoe and am looking for a local dive buddy to try and sneak in a few more dives before winter sets in. I am taking things slow, blowing bubbles in shallower depths just to get used to everything and working on my buoyancy and trim. Happy to tag along with more experienced divers just to have someone keep an eye on me. I'm practicing my skills before taking the AOW course. Looking forward to meeting new divers from the area and to keep on learning and growing in the sport. Thanks!

1675214009029.png

Oh, I guess it doesn't make sense for me to copy and paste this here too. LOL

Have you both checked out Sierra Dive Center for shop dives? Can't say I'm too familiar with the dive scene there now as I was diving in Tahoe 8 years ago.

Yes. I got certified through them and they were trying to start a club, I’m just not sure When that’s going to happen. 🥺

Hello, I’m in Sparks. I have a couple hundred dives. And setup and ready to dive Tahoe. If anyone wants.. let me know.

Yes. I got certified through them and they were trying to start a club, I’m just not sure When that’s going to happen. 🥺
You could start up a club. I’d be a member. So would my wife. We both dive. Well, she will when it’s warm out. But I will dive anytime.

When I started years ago, i lived in the Midwest and did all my diving in very poor conditions. Some was almost black water diving. I thought it was a good day if I could see my own fins(and they were bright yellow). So I’d be up for anything. Day trip to somewhere and dive? Or a weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom