Hello from NYC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GKallos

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello fellow divers-

I live in New York City. I was certified back in 2009 but life just kept me from really getting into the sport. Just came back from Greece where I took the the opportunity to take a SCUBA update and dive off the coast of Central Greece. I fell in love with the sport once more!

I have about 10 dives under my belt and would like to find some fellow safe divers in the NY area who wouldn't mind making new friends, sharing experience and maybe having me join their group dives once in a while.

Thank you and nice to meet you all!!!!
GK

Queens is NOT NYC.....LOL...JK! Welcome aboard~ You my want to look into a few Scuba clubs in the area to attend....

Home

Yes....what is this "Queens" you speak of?......very strange....
Archie Bunker's hangout. Now... Yonkers......

Archie Bunker's hangout. Now... Yonkers......

Thanks, I lived in Manhattan for 32 years. Yonkers is in Westchester, above the Bronx....and Queens is a borough of NYC on Long Island as is Brooklyn. We were joking about having to live in
Queens.

The "other borough" is Staten Island, which seems far away and is kind of neat.

Staten Island got it's name back when Columbus' first mate yelled "Hey boss, is dat an island?"
Actually, I'm a native of Yonkers. About 100 years ago Yonkers, Mt.Vernon, and other parts of Westchester voted to not become the 6th Borough. I only found that out recently.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom