Hello from NY!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello,

I love to dive but unfortunately don't get to often enough! I've been certified for 15 years and I'm interested in getting some more advanced certifications. I also want to try diving around here, which I've always avoided because the water is just so COLD, even in summer lol I look forward to learning a lot from this forum!

Hello slapsappyhappy!

No drysuit diving then?

I've been reading the forums pretty much since I got here. Scary, informative, funny and at times eye roll inducing!

What advanced courses do you want to do?

Where in NY? The summer diving in the Sound, RI and LI can be relatively warm - in the high 60s-low 70s.

greetings from (the warm) Florida Treasure Coast! So you need to come here and dive. Problem solved. Our dive shop staff/owners is full of ex-pat New Yorkers. I learned to dive with certification dives in Long Island Sound and Montauk. No, I don't miss it!

Welcome and hello from a native Yonkersite. I still return to Westchester each summer for 7 weeks and shore dive in the area. CT shore is very shallow. Some decent LI spots, parking permitting, and a shore site or 2 in North Jersey. Check out the
Beach/Shore Guide NY/NJ (or something like that--easy to google).

Hello, my name is flyboy and I'm a warm water wimp too!

Ahhhh, I feel so much better now!

Welcome. I don't blame you on the warm water diving. Where in NY are you? I'm over in Brooklyn.

There is also Dutch Springs which is about 1 1/2 hr drive from NYC where from May on you can pretty much dive 7 days a week as long as you have a buddy. Also they rent gear and wetsuits/drysuits. For most diving in New York area I would recommend a 7mil. wetsuit with gloves and hood.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom