Hello from new OW duo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BalekFekete

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Stopping into the forums to say hello from my wife and myself, both newly minted OW divers as of this past Sunday. This fulfils a 25 year goal of mine after I foolishly passed up on the chance to get certified while in university. We're from the Philadelphia area and dove Dutch Springs for our OW dives, having a blast (albeit a chilly blast...). We now look forward to an upcoming cruise next month where we'll dive Bermuda and St. Maarten with our fresh cert cards. :D With our kids just about grown and out (1 a junior at college, the last a high school senior this fall) we're looking forward to lots of time on our hands to travel and dive.

Can. Not. Wait. That just doesn't say it loudly enough.

I'm sure I'll be back on this board or others with questions as I look to start gearing up, identify great places to dive, etc.

Welcome to the depths my friend! Glad you finally made it! Now get your kids certified, too so they can find out what they're missing!

I'm working on my 8 year old right now. He's doing the PADI Seal Team training and I showed him Sunday in the pool how to flood and clear his mask. He's actually better at it than i am! And not afraid of anything. Gonna be my dive buddy by the end of next year when he's old enough to take the OW course.

Enjoy those blue water dives! It's a whole different world under there!

Good for the two of you. My wife and I are both divers and we hit the water every chance we get..at least every weekend we can from May thru October. Of course, we're a little farther south than you (NC) so I would think the water is warmer a little longer here than in PA. But keep diving, have fun, and try to make up for lost time underwater (like we are.)

Now get your kids certified, too so they can find out what they're missing!

Preaching to the choir! Our eldest isn't interested, however our other two (daughter 21 and son 17) are both interested. Depending on where the youngest decides he wants to go to college, they'll go through the same series we did next year. We've gone as far to put our instructor on notice and made sure she doesn't have any intention to stop teaching in the foreseeable future. :)

Welcome! I'm newish too and in the Philly burbs.

My son and I trained here but were lucky enough to checkout in Grand Cayman, but I did AOW at Dutch last fall and will be diving there through this season.

You'll love the Carribean. Nothing like warm water and great visibility, capped of by lots and lots to see!

howdy and welcome from southeast florida...congrats to you and the wife on your certification....gotta love that new certification card smell.

Welcome! We started diving off cruise ships as well...very soon, it will not be enough! You'll wanna dive every day of your vacation!

Congrats...I've found few things in life more enjoyable than dive traveling with my wife as my dive buddy. Live the dream...:bounce::bounce::bounce::)

Welcome to SB. A great place to hangout during surface intervals. Very friendly and knowledgeable people here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom