Hello from NC!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Freak*Flag*Flyer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm currently in NC (north of Raleigh), but might be living some of the time in Colorado in the not too distant future. I haven't dove for a couple of years, and have more dives not logged than ones that are. When I lived there, I took my PADI OW and AOW in the UK, then Rescue and Divemaster (been inactive status for several years) here in the US. I need to take a refresher, as well as the EFR to update my CPR/First Aid, and there are other classes I plan to take along with updating some of my gear.
Once I have accumulated more dives post refresher, I would LOVE to take classes for wreck and cavern (then cave) diving. My eldest daughter is also really interested in learning scuba, which I'm just thrilled about as we're really close and enjoy living life to the full and having a good (and safe) time in all that we do.
Last but not least...Happy 2016 to ALL! :D

D

Welcome to SB! Like said above, you'll find quite a few active divers from your neck of the woods. Also, some amazing wrecks off the coast there.

I'm in Henderson, which is about 30 miles north of Raleigh.
where in NC are you? There is an incredibly active group of tech/cave divers in Raleigh and quite a few in Charlotte as well

---------- Post added January 4th, 2016 at 06:41 AM ----------

Welcome to SB! Like said above, you'll find quite a few active divers from your neck of the woods. Also, some amazing wrecks off the coast there.

Thank you, glad to be here! I've been reading a lot of the postings, recent and older ones. I have been looking at some of the wrecks, I already know I want to dive the Caribsea and Papoose, I love sharks so it will be amazing to see some Atlantic Sand Tigers! :D

D

get on the Raleigh Area Divers facebook page. They are super active and are diving almost every week at Fantasy Lake Scuba Park and most weeks off the coast during dive season

get on the Raleigh Area Divers facebook page. They are super active and are diving almost every week at Fantasy Lake Scuba Park and most weeks off the coast during dive season

Many thanks, I just signed up. I have dove at Fantasy Lake, though it's been a while. I don't think I'm too far from the lake. I'm also fairly close to Kerr Lake though I'm not sure what it would be like for diving.

Join the NCPDRA. The club owns three quarries and two of them are near your area. Ever want a to dive the NCPRDA quarry near Lake Norman, set up a trip to Lake Jocassee or head down to the Cooper River just PM me. I am located in Mount Holly (Gaston county).

Welcome!

Hopefully you'll become an active participant... in both diving and ScubaBoard! We can always use another voice in the conversation.

Ray

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom