Hello from N.O.!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulwall

Contributor
Reaction score
(New Orleans, that is)I'll be over in San Antonio next week. Anything worth diving in the area? I've seen reports of 2 rivers, one of which is no deeper than Lake Pontchartrain. Wednesday is about the only day I'll have free to do anything, though.

paulwall:
(New Orleans, that is)I'll be over in San Antonio next week. Anything worth diving in the area? I've seen reports of 2 rivers, one of which is no deeper than Lake Pontchartrain. Wednesday is about the only day I'll have free to do anything, though.

There's
Comal River (15 ft and clear viz (it's spring-fed and 72 degrees year round))
Guadalupe River (ft varies according to rain fall, and not as clear viz)
Canyon Lake (100+ and 3-10 viz)
Medina Lake (80+(?) and 3-10 viz)
Lake Travis in Austin (100+ and 3-10 viz)

Tubers go on the rivers, so that gives you an idea of how deep they are. The lakes are dammed, so they're deep, but low viz. The best I've seen in Lake Travis was 20 ft, and that was around September.

Check with either Deep Blue Adventures or Duggan Diving about the latest viz, and maybe one of them might be taking a group to Comal that night.

Good Luck, and I hope this helps.
Lea Ann

From San Antonio you could go to either San Marcos to the river or the Comal River in New Braunfels. I've been to the Comal a couple times (did my checkouts there in the winter in a 3mm, water temp 72 yr round) and would love to go back now. It's a fun little dive, drift diving is so cool. Have a great time in SA, be sure and visit Howl at the Moon and Polly Esthers on the Riverwalk.
Foo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom