Hello from Muscat, Oman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Planning a trip this February. Is Nitrox available? if yes, where? Need some advise

The only dive operator that I know that offers nitrox is Eurodivers in Quantab.

Most of the diving is to a maximum depth of 20-25m and an average depth of probably 15-17m, hence nitrox doesn't offer a big advantage.

I'm sure Oman Sea also offer Nitrox, and possibly Mola Mola Diving Center in Muscat.

@SysGreg

Where are you planning to go in Oman?

Welcome to ScubaBoard @Reehan

For most of us in the UAE, Oman generally means Musandam, and there are weekend LoBs on Dhows that run from Dibba Oman side.

I generally visit the Damaniyats every year, but fuel prices are getting a bit much these days here in UAE when you drive a V8.

Looking forward to getting down again when the water gets warmer.

What's the current water temperature?
Small world, my Dad used to live and work in the UAE, and every time I visited we'd cross the border and do a LoB out of Dibba to Musandam. My first 50 dives or so were all in that area haha.

I'm sure Oman Sea also offer Nitrox, and possibly Mola Mola Diving Center in Muscat.

@SysGreg

Where are you planning to go in Oman?
Thanks for feedback, I plan to visit Gulf Divers, just fōr recognition of Oman divesites. I’m living in Bahrain, so It’s pretty close. However, at some point maybe later this year I would like to do some tech in Oman.

Most of the diving is to a maximum depth of 20-25m and an average depth of probably 15-17m, hence nitrox doesn't offer a big advantage.
when in Oman next week, we can have a cup of coffee to discuss tech ops over there.

when in Oman next week, we can have a cup of coffee to discuss tech ops over there.
Sure, let me know where you'll be staying.

As for tech diving, we do some in our club but I am not aware of any diving operators that offer anything technical apart from nitrox. I will ask tomorrow if anyone knows.

Sure, let me know where you'll be staying.

As for tech diving, we do some in our club but I am not aware of any diving operators that offer anything technical apart from nitrox. I will ask tomorrow if anyone knows.
In Oman. I’ve sent you private message with details.

Back
Top Bottom