Hello from Memphis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newbie in TN

Reaction score
Hi all! I am new to the forum, and wanted to introduce myself. I am from Memphis, TN currently (born and raised in Des Moines, IA). I have completed my classroom and pool training but still need to complete my check-out dives, which I hope to do in April. I got the Scuba bug about 4 years ago when my parents took my brother and I to Maui as a Christmas gift, and I did one of those 10 minute courses on the boat where they suit you up and push you off...talk about TERROR! Good thing my dad is an expierenced diver, or I never would have made it without a panic attack! Now here I am almost certified...and I could not be happier. I look forward to "meeting" all of you...

Shanna

Hi From Kingston Ontario Canada..
Welcome to the SCUBA Board. Hope you enjoy the forum. Don't be afraid to ask Questions or to do Posts..
Hope all your days are wet ones.. or dry.. depending on how you dive..

Welcome from the Land of Enchantment!

Looks like you're in the right profession to be able to afford this sport. I'm curious, did you get into banking before or after you got bit by the scuba bug?

He He!! Contrary to popular belief, the only professions paid less than bankers are teachers! Actually, I was in banking way before the scuba bug bit me. Now that I am a manager (I have only been in "management" for about 6 months) I will actually be able to take some long weekends for diving trips!

Shanna

Welcome to the boards!

Let us know how your check-out dives go.
If you have any questions there are a lot of freindly, knowledgable people here, Ask away!

If I was going to have a panic attack I think Maui would be a great place for it! :wink:

There appears to be no medical treatment available; once the scuba bug bites...

Welcome from Nevada!

Greetings and welcome to Scuba and TN!
Great place to spend your surface intervals!

(TN = state of Tennessee scubaJorgen)

Mark
a TN native transplanted to KY

Thanks for the help Mark! I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you!!

Shanna

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom