Hello from Madison AL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mr_D

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi Everyone

New to this forum so this will be my first post. I started diving in 1996 and was very active up through 2013 but have been out of the hobby since then. I was an SSI and NAUI instructor for 5 years during the early 2000's. I just dropped all my gear into the shop yesterday for an annual and looking to get back in the game here local in a few quarry locations that are an easy drive.

Funny story: In 1996 I arrived in FL (US Navy) and a couple Navy buddies were going to Grand Cayman for some diving and said I need to get certified and join them. I said ok and Al took me to the local (very small) dive shop that was an SSI shop. I did the class work at home in a couple days, pool work was in Al's backyard and dive check out was at Blue Grotto in Williston FL. I'm guessing between pool work and Blue Grotto I never went through two tanks of air total. A week later I arrive Grand Cayman with a brand new C-Card and my first salt water OW dive is a shore night dive. I was eyes the size of a saucer and I sucked down a tank of air in 20 mins. The rest of the trip I was called the "Air Sucking Cow". :D

That was an awesome trip and one that I will always remember, have been back there a few times over the years. Great diving for sure.

Dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom